Wednesday, October 29, 2008

Treasure Hunt

A couple of weeks ago, my family gathered around the dinner table to celebrate my cousin Magen's birthday. My aunts and uncles were there along with my cousins. It was a fun and eventful night. One particular incidence has continued to bring me laughter even now. As we were eating, my grandfather said "I believe I swallowed my crown." My initial reaction was "thats not good." But then, he smiled...it was one of his front teeth. The table erupted in laughter. Or at least I did. It was SO funny. I hurried to find a camera to capture the moment. My grandfather, however, wouldn't allow it (as you can see by the first picture). My father (mind you, we are still at the dinner table) said "thats okay, when you find it, bring it in and I will put it back on." (that was a gross comment!) I asked how much does a "new" one cost and my dad said around 800 dollars. So it makes sense, sorta. He said many of his patients search for their crown (which they have swallowed) so they don't have to buy a new one. Makes sense when its $800! My grandfather quickly suggested that I find his crown for him and he'd give me $400 (still at the dinner table!). Finally, my grandfather let my grandmother and aunt take his picture. It's a bit fuzzy but you get a glimpse of our enjoyment that night. About 15 minutes later, another aunt of mine found his crown on his plate. So he didn't swallow it after all! Thank goodness because I wasn't sure how I was gonna turn that $400 down!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

thats hilarious!