Thursday, January 22, 2009

Believe It


Okay it has been far too long. And I do apologize! But hopefully I will pick back up. I have experienced so much in the past month and a half : ) Maybe I will share that later. But I just read something and I had to put it on here. I ran across it browsing a website of one of my favorite bands: Tenth Avenue North : ) They are awesome. Gifted. Amazing. But the lead singer Mike has this statement on one of his journal pages. It says,

How does one love God?
Well, John says, "we love because He first loved us."
And if that's true, then my whole approach must change.
No longer am I condemning myself in the mirror,
saying, "come on Mike, get your act together."
No. Instead I simply incline my gaze to the cross.
If I'm not loving God, it's because I'M NOT BELIEVING I'M LOVED (emphasis mine).
And how do I know that I am loved?
"This is how we know what love is, Jesus Christ laid down his life..."


You can check out there website and their journal entries. Pretty cool. God Bless. I will be back soon. Much love : )
Tenth Avenue North

No comments: